1. In consideration for my participation or my child’s participation on our Second Presbyterian Mission Trip, I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue The Second Presbyterian Church of Baltimore, its trustees, officers, agents, volunteers, chaperones and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or my child, or to any property belonging to me or my child, while participating in such activity.
2. To the best of my knowledge, I am not aware of any physical disability or health-related reasons or problems which would preclude or restrict my participation or my child’s participation in this activity. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with Second Presbyterian Faith Mission Trip and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity, knowing that the activity may be hazardous to me or my child and my or my child’s property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or my child, or any loss or damage to property owned by me or my child, as a result of being engaged in such an activity.
3. I have adequate health insurance necessary to provide for and pay any medical costs that may directly or indirectly result from my participation or my child’s participation in this activity. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Second Presbyterian Church of Baltimore, its trustees, officers, agents, volunteers, chaperones and employees, from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorneys’ fees that may be incurred, due to my participation or my child’s participation in said activity.
4. It is my express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind my family, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a release, waiver, discharge and covenant not to sue The Second Presbyterian Church of Baltimore, its trustees, officers, agents, volunteers, chaperones and employees. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland.
5. I/ we have talked with my child about the need for appropriate behavior on this trip. He/she understands that failure to meet the expectations in this regard will cause him/her to be sent home immediately.
In signing this release, I acknowledge and represent that I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by the same. Parent/Guardian’s signature required for individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. I/We also give permission to have and will accept financial responsibility for my/our son/daughter to be examined and treated by a qualified physician in case of emergency.
I/We understand that I/we will be contacted as soon as possible concerning any medical or behavioral problem with my/our child during these activities. I/We are aware of and approve of the planned costs, dates, places and activities of these events.
[gravityform id=”37″ title=”false” description=”false”]