As we begin to regather in limited numbers in person for worship or small group meetings, our first concern is that we do safely. Our COVID Emergency Management Team (EMT) has put in place policies and procedures designed to keep participants as safe as possible.
To attend any worship service or activity at the church, we require all participants to:
- Agree to our Covenant for Regathering (scroll down to read)
- Review our Policy for Outdoor and Indoor Small Group Events
- Click on one of the two links below to register in advance and provide your contact information to aid contact tracing, if needed.
Covenant for Regathering
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, I promise, with God’s help and to the best of my ability, to abide by the guidelines of Second Presbyterian Church for participation in the life of the congregation according to the regathering phase
In fulfillment of the Greatest Commandment given by Christ, I will strive to:
Love my neighbor as myself, I will…
- Wear a mask or scarf over my nose and mouth at all times in church buildings, except momentarily to receive the sacrament or lead worship through an assigned speaking part, and follow public health guidelines for hand sanitizing and disinfecting
- Only attend worship and receive communion if I am non-symptomatic for the COVID-19 virus or any other transmittable disease that could compromise the health of another congregant
- Will abstain from attending if doing so would put me at greater risk due to my own health status
- TAKE MY/OUR TEMPERATURES PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE SERVICE
Respect the dignity of every human being, I will…
- Make no physical contact with people beyond the members of my own household
- Maintain a six foot or more distance from other members of the congregation
- Respect any requests for distance, masking, cleaning, to ensure the safety and comfort level of others
Seek and serve Christ in all people…
- Trust and support the decisions of both my diocesan and congregational leaders
- Stay connected with others in my community by telephone, video chat, or mail.
- Please note that the policies of Second Presbyterian Church may be more restrictive than allowed by the City of Baltimore. We ask that you read the complete outdoor and indoor small group worship policy approved by the Session.
- Access to restrooms will be allowed.
- Outdoor worship may be canceled due to inclement weather.
- Chairs will not be provided outside. You are encouraged to bring your own chairs or a blanket.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days after attending worship or activity at the church, please inform our senior pastor, Tom Blair or designee.