sEEKING FACILITIES mAINTENANCE AND UPKEEP TECHNICIAN
Basic Function: The Technician is responsible for performing DIY level routine maintenance and repairs of Second Church’s building and related items, including, but not limited to, lighting, plumbing (faucets, toilets, drains, water fountains, etc.), HVAC equipment (air filters and cleaning), electrical, doors and windows and associated hardware, plaster, and drywall, painting, kitchen equipment, and routine carpentry and other miscellaneous repairs. Projects costing more than $1,000 and/or tasks requiring licensed individuals (plumbers, electricians, HVAC, etc.) are not part of the Technician’s responsibilities for performing routine maintenance and repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance and repairs for electric (switch and bulb replacement), plumbing (faucet leaks and stopped up drain clearing), carpentry, and HVAC equipment (air filters and cleaning).
- Perform maintenance and repair work, including drywall installation, insulation, ceiling tile, and painting.
- Perform rough and finish carpentry work.
- Perform basic electrical installation and repair work.
- Perform basic plumbing repairs.
- Perform repair and maintenance of door hardware.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance work for HVAC systems, sprinkler, fire alarm and other equipment.
- Identify roof maintenance needs–inspect condition of roofs, including roof gutters and drains.
- Assist in the relocation of office furniture and adjust desks, chairs, and files,
- Proactively identify maintenance and repair needs for the building and its contents and communicate those needs to his/her supervisor and the appropriate Trustee representative.
- Develop and maintain an electronic (i.e., computerized) log of the maintenance and upkeep activities, including problems addressed, actions taken, when those actions took place, costs, and contractors used, if any.
- Responds to building emergencies.
- Duties may be added or deleted.
Relationship to Minister, Staff and Congregation: Reports to Pastor/Head of Staff but also receives supervision and direction from the Trustee who is responsible for building and grounds.
- Must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent (GED).
- Must have at least two years of skilled maintenance of building facilities, repairs of structures, machinery, plumbing, and mechanical equipment fixtures and/or experience as a construction superintendent.
- Must possess knowledge of methods and principles of general building maintenance, with a strength in plumbing, carpentry, electrical or HVAC repairs.
- Must possess knowledge of principles of carpentry, plumbing, drywall, painting, and electrical work.
- Must adhere to standard safety practices.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have basic knowledge local building codes and regulations.
- Must be able to operate a variety of hand and power tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Must be able to be operate in an environment that is subject to changes in priorities.
- Must possess excellent follow-up and follow-through skills with an eye for detail.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with no supervision.
- Must have knowledge of life safety systems, including fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Must have knowledge of the equipment, tools and materials used in building maintenance.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must commit to providing excellence in customer service, honoring the chain of command, church leadership, members, and guests.
- This position is a physically strenuous and demanding job. Lifting, pulling, and managing equipment and tools (up to fifty pounds), walking, climbing, squatting, standing, and working in all weather (both extreme heat and cold) will be required.
Classification and Hours: Part time, 25 hours per week, non exempt. Note that this person is responsible for responding to building emergencies.
TO APPLY FOR FACILITIES MAINTENACE AND UPKEEP TECHNICIAN, email resume to email@example.com