Director of Music
The Second Presbyterian Church of Baltimore has a rich history of musical excellence. Blessed with world-class acoustics, an impressive and extensive inventory of instruments, welcoming worship and performance spaces, and a talented congregation with broad musical tastes; Second Presbyterian seeks a dynamic musical leader to help us continue our legacy of high-quality music. Working in a reformed protestant tradition, we strive to strengthen and energize our musical programs. We invite candidates who relish the opportunity to participate in a team led by our Senior Pastor to plan and provide dynamic and meaningful worship in live and virtual settings, as well as enhance the musical outreach efforts of the congregation.
This is a Full-Time role, with an annual salary of $70,000.00, a generous benefits package, 4 weeks of paid vacation, and support for professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess skills and abilities including:
- Performance, conducting, and teaching experience in a variety of different vocal and instrumental musical styles
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a music ministry position
- Formal education and training in music or sacred music with strong knowledge and expertise in Protestant hymnody.
- Administrative and organizational experience leading teams and committees
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff, congregational members, and the community
- Demonstrated expertise in Organ and Piano.
Direct Inquiries, Referrals, and Recommendations are welcome, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Presbyterian Church provides equal employment opportunities for everyone, regardless of age, gender, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.
Church Office Administrator
The Church Office Administrator oversees the administrative operations of the church office, ensures appropriate reception for visitors and phone calls, provides administrative support for pastors, professional staff, council chairs, and congregation. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting pastors, church councils, and congregation in all administrative functions
- Ensuring the church receives callers and visitors in a friendly and appropriate manner
- Directing all church communications that pass through the church office to appropriate persons
- Maintaining master church calendar and schedules automatic door locking/unlocking
- Supporting church events including scheduling and coordinating administrative details
- Serving as initial contact for persons needing to utilize space in the facility
- Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory
- Entering data and generating reports from web-based database
- Ensuring all church mailings and print material are prepared, organized, and shared in a timely manner
- Tracking routine building inspections and receipt of certification of insurance from building users
- Assisting with promoting programs and ongoing functions
- Preparing service bulletins for worship services, funerals and weddings
- Producing Annual Report
Reports to Senior Pastor/Head of Staff and works collegially with all church staff. Accountable both to Senior Pastor/Head of Staff and Personnel Council.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs including Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment
- Accuracy in typing and proof reading
- Experience and proficiency in utilizing web based database and spreadsheet design and management, and desktop publishing
- Minimum associates degree preferred.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and work collegially with a wide variety of people. The job involves sitting, standing, walking and lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Part time, 28 -30 hours/week
Resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Nursery Care Attendant
Second Presbyterian Church is looking for a Nursery Care attendant to provide quality and loving care for children ages 0-5 during worship services, Christian nurture and congregational activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality and loving care for children ages 0-5 during worship services, Christian nurture and congregational activities.
- Greet parents and children and explain procedures to families
- Follow Church established procedures including but not necessarily limited to:
- Registering and picking up children
- Distributing Christian education materials
- Proper care and cleaning of supplies and toys
- Distributing “pagers” for parents
- Reporting broken toys and equipment
- Other duties, as assigned
Relationship to Pastor/Head of Staff, Staff and Congregation
Reports to Pastor/Head of Staff but receives supervision and direction on an ongoing basis from Associate Pastor of Christian Nurture and Congregational Life and Personnel committee.
- Experience providing quality care to young children, preferably in a church environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures and processes
- Ability to interact with parents and children in a friendly and professional manner
- Must have the ability to handle complaints and problems with tact, patience and diplomacy, must handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly and according to church protocol and must successfully pass a background check.
Classification and Hours
- Part time, non exempt
- Hours: Approximately 2 – 4 hours on Sunday mornings; extended hours may be required occasionally. Will always be paid a minimum of 2 hours on Sunday mornings.
Interested candidates should send resume, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.